Is there a tooth in your mouth that bothers you? Do you have trouble eating or communicating clearly? Our team of dentists near you at Edgerly Dentistry can restore both form and function to your smile with a dental crown. Learn how our dentists near you can use a lifelike metal-free dental crown to help safeguard a tooth after treatment.
How Do Dental Crowns Work?
Physical damage or untreated disease can cause a tooth to become weaker. A root canal may be required if a tooth has become so compromised that it is causing pain. Before fitting a permanent dental crown, our dentist can conduct a virtually painless root canal to treat your tooth.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
Edgerly Dentistry can install a dental crown over the afflicted tooth after treatment at our dentistry practices to protect it from further harm. Here are the benefits of dental crowns:
- You may be able to prevent extraction by receiving prompt treatment with a dental crown near you.
- Dental crowns composed of sophisticated materials such as zirconia are available from our dentist. These materials are more durable than standard dental porcelain, and with good care and regular checkups, they can last for over a decade.
- If your tooth is too compromised to salvage or you’ve already lost a tooth, our dentist can cover the gap in your smile with an implant-supported dental crown.
- Dental implants not only give a secure foundation for a crown, but they can also prevent jawbone atrophy caused by tooth loss.
- A crown made of zirconia or IPS e.max glass-ceramic is developed to mirror the light-reflective properties of natural tooth enamel, providing greater aesthetic outcomes than traditional porcelain. Our dentist will match the color of your new dental crown to the rest of your teeth.
Book an Appointment with Your Nearby Dentist
If you believe your hurting tooth will require more than a filling, the compassionate experts at Edgerly Dentistry can help you with a dental crown. Our comprehensive dentistry team can treat your damaged tooth and place a custom-made crown to restore your smile’s form and function. If your tooth is too damaged, our dentist can take it and replace it with an implant-supported crown. Edgerly Dentistry can meet all of your dental requirements. Call us or book your appointment now!