Our skilled team of dentists at Edgerly Dentistry knows that sedation can help our patients. Some may need it to calm their anxious nerves, while others require it for serious surgery. Below is everything you need to know about sedation dentistry when you’re planning your appointments with our staff.
What is Sedation Dentistry?
Before the advanced technology we have today in medicine, most procedures were done using local anesthesia. This involved numbing your lip and cheek with a shot of Novocain or other local anesthetics. Being sedated can help dramatically for patients with intense anxiety or nervousness about dental appointments.
Who Benefits from Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation dentistry is best for the following individuals:
- Those who have extreme fear or nervousness at the dentist
- Those with a sensitive gag reflex or experience difficulty opening their mouth for extended periods
- Patients who don’t get or stay numb from anesthetics
- People with extremely sensitive teeth
- People who have a hard time sitting still for extended periods
Main Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
There are many incredible benefits and advantages of using sedation dentistry. Here are some of the reasons our new and existing patients love it:
- With sedation, you won’t feel a thing!
- Depending on the level of sedation used, you’ll likely be in a blissful, relaxed state.
- It’s in your best interest to have a loved one available to drive you home from your appointment.
- Another benefit of sedation dentistry is being able to go to the dentist even if you have anxiety.
- It helps take the edge off without sacrificing your oral health.
- Another bonus is that sedation dentistry reduces the fatigue associated with ongoing dental treatments.
Book an Appointment with Dentists Near You
If you need to visit a dentist near you, Edgerly Dentistry is here to help. Our skilled team of dental professionals would love to meet with you and discuss sedation dentistry and what we can do to meet your needs.
You can reach out to book an appointment online, in person, or over the phone. We look forward to hearing from you!